Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve moved our Fall Convention online. It will take place on Saturday September 26. We have a great day of informative sessions planned, and we’ll honor our 2020 Illinoisan of the Year, Dr. Ngozi Ezike. Here’s our tentative schedule of events.
- 9:00am: Zoom meeting opens. Connect and say hello to your fellow INBA members!
- 9:20am: Welcome from INBA President Josh Morgan
- 9:30am: Illinoisan of the Year – Dr. Ngozi Ezike (presentation by Immediate Past President Laura Trendle-Polus)
- 10:00am: Reporting on the Science of COVID-19. Panelists: Rick Weiss from SciLine, and Sebastian Martinez-Valdivia of KBIA-FM in Columbia, MO. Make sure you’re giving your audience accurate, up-to-date information with necessary context.
- 11:15am: INBA Business Meeting and Elections.
- 1:00pm: Break.
- 1:30pm: Follow the Money. Pete Quist and Stacy Montemayor from the National Institute on Money in Politics will provide tools and story ideas to help you report on campaign finance.
- 3:00pm: Being a Journalist in 2020. An open discussion of the challenges and opportunities facing reporters and editors right now.
You can register for this virtual convention right now! First, fill out this registration form from Survey Monkey:
If you’re already an INBA member, no further action is required. We’ll send you the link to the Zoom meeting the week of the convention. We are accepting donations to help defray costs that the organization has incurred this year. You can donate via PayPal from the bottom of our homepage. Just scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the “PayPal Donate Now” button.
If you’re not a member yet, we have a special offer for you. We are offering a reduced membership rate of $25 for professional members and $15 for students. This gets you access to the 2020 Fall Virtual Convention, plus all other benefits of INBA membership. Select the membership that you qualify for (professional or student), and pay the reduced price via PayPal. Join right here.
If you have questions about this virtual convention, contact INBA vice-president Brian Moline at email@example.com. If you have questions about INBA membership, contact Rich Egger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you online on Saturday September 26!