ATLANTA, Ga. (INBA) – Gray Television announced they will be the second largest television broadcast group in the country after they finalize a $2.7 billion deal with Meredith Corporation.
According to rankings by BIA Advisory Services and TVNewsCheck, Gray would surpass Sinclair Broadcast Group, which owns 191 full power TV stations and covers 89 markets.
Gray said in a news release that when their deal is finalized in this year’s fourth quarter, they will serve 113 local markets. That puts them just behind Nexstar Media Group; the largest ownership group in the country which spans 114 markets.
Gray said they will acquire Meredith’s other operating division called the Local Media Group. They own these 17 TV stations which will transfer to Gray:
- WGCL (CBS) / WPCH (Independent), Atlanta, Georgia (DMA 7)
- KPHO (CBS) / KTVK (Independent), Phoenix, Arizona (DMA 11)
- KPTV (FOX) / KPDX (MyNetwork), Portland, Oregon (DMA 21)
- KMOV (CBS), St. Louis, Missouri (DMA 23)
- WSMV (NBC), Nashville, Tennessee (DMA 29)
- 1WFSB (CBS), Hartford-New Haven, Connecticut (DMA 32)
- KCTV (CBS) / KSMO (MyNetwork), Kansas City, Missouri, (DMA 34)
- WHNS (FOX), Greenville-Spartanburg, South Carolina (DMA 35)
- KVVU (FOX), Las Vegas, Nevada (DMA 40)
- WALA (FOX), Mobile, Alabama (DMA 57)
- WNEM (CBS), Flint-Saginaw, Michigan (DMA 73)
- WGGB (ABC & FOX) / WSHM-LD (CBS), Springfield, Massachusetts (DMA 116)
You can read the full news release from Gray by clicking here.