INBA Fall 2022 Convention
We are excited to share that the INBA Fall 2022 Convention registration is open. The convention is Oct. 7-9 in Bloomington at the Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center. To register, CLICK HERE.
Friday Oct. 7
- 12:00 p.m. – INBA Board Meeting at Parke Regency
- 3:00 p.m. – Hotel check-ins begin
- Evening welcome reception
Saturday Oct. 8
- 9:00 a.m. – President’s Welcome
- 9:15-10:30 a.m. – The future of Electric Vehicles
- Tucker Kennedy, Ameren Illinois
- Chris Koos, Mayor of Normal
- Session Description: Increased incentives for electric vehicle production are leading to questions about existing and needed infrastructure to support this evolution in transportation. Learn how energy experts and city leaders are keeping up with the changes.
- 10:30-10:45 a.m. – Break
- 10:45-12:00 p.m. – Cameras and Microphones in the Courtroom
- William Scanlon of McLean County Courts
- Maggie Hradecky, Media Coordinator
- Session Description: It’s been a decade since the pilot program which allowed cameras in the courtroom in Illinois. In 2016, the Illinois Supreme Court filed an Order amending the Policy for Extended Media Coverage in the Circuit Courts of Illinois and adopting the program as permanent. This discussion will focus on lessons learned over the past ten years as well as how we can be the best stewards of the additional press freedoms we have been granted.
- 12:00 p.m. -1:15 – Lunch and Business Meeting
- 1:30-2:00 p.m. – Keeping Stamina in News Reporting
- Panelist: Alex Degman, Illinois Public Radio
- Session Description: Getting a job in news is one thing, staying with it is quite another. We hear from a longtime INBA member who has experienced the industry from a variety of roles and recently chose to come back to Illinois to serve as statewide audience in a demanding, daily reporting role.
- 2:30-3:15 p.m. – Vocal Delivery Workshop
- Presenter: Shawn Allee / WBEZ
- Session Description: You’ve got a great script, but now what? We learn to mark up scripts for teleprompter apps or paper, warming up, visualizing a listener, handling pick-up lines, and noting which tracks to keep and which to cut.
- 3:30-4:00 p.m. – Illinois Public Radio Meeting
- 4:00 p.m. – INBA Foundation Meeting (Location TBD)
- 5:30 p.m. – Doors Open for Evening Reception
- 6:00 p.m. – Dinner
- Keynote Speaker: Alexis McAdams, Fox News Correspondent
- About our Keynote: Alexis McAdams currently serves as a national correspondent based in New York City. She joined the Fox network in October 2021.Most recently, McAdams reported live from the Tops grocery store in Buffalo, New York, where 10 people were killed in a mass shooting. McAdams previously worked at ABC affiliate WLS-TV in Chicago where she covered the city’s crime beat. In addition, she covered major breaking news stories across the Midwest including natural disasters, mass shootings and major court cases as well as extensive reporting on the protests in Chicago following the death of George Floyd. A graduate of Illinois State University, McAdams holds a Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism.
- INBA Crystal Mic Awards Presentation
Sunday Oct. 9
- 9:30-10:15 a.m. – Pandemic messaging lessons learned
- Presenter: OSF Healthcare
- Session Description: The media relied on healthcare professionals to get accurate and timely information out to Illinois residents since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. A lot has been learned about the virus itself and how to treat and prevent it. A moderated discussion on what has been learned from both sides of the messaging on best practices to ensure the safety of residents and the audiences we serve.
10:30-11:00 a.m. – Illinoisan of the Year