We are ecstatic to be meeting in person once again! Our spring convention is the perfect opportunity to reconvene with friends, professionals, and meet new people in a central location of all our broadcasters.
The INBA Spring 2022 Convention is May 6-8 at the Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette Hotel.
Our keynote speaker is Ray Long, author of The House That Madigan Built. He’ll speak that Saturday evening and will sign books afterward.
The convention starts Friday evening at 6:00 with an open bar and hors d’oeuvres at the Peoria Riverfront Museum’s Dome Planetarium. The museum curator will show several rare items and the planetarium director will present a show on the overhead dome. A shuttle bus will provide transportation to and from the hotel, all in Peoria’s lively downtown.
- 9:00-9:45 AM – Time, Stress and Health Management with a psychologist, dietician, and others
- 10:00-11:15 AM – Transportation and Infrastructure with former U. S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, current Illinois Transportation Secretary Omer Osman, and others
- 11:30 AM -12:45 PM – Environment and Climate Reporting with Illinois State Climatologist Trent Ford and others
- 1:00-2:00 PM – Lunch and Business Meeting
- 2:30-3:45 PM – The Face of Law Enforcement with representatives of the Illinois Fraternal Order of Police and Chiefs of Police Association
- 2:30 PM – Concurrent session for student resume & reel feedback
- 6:00 PM – Banquet with Ray Long, scholarship winners and SINBA awards
- 9:30-10:45 AM – Covering Partisan Politics with Ray Long, Brad McMillan, and Tiffany White of the Dirksen Congressional Center
The deadline for room reservations at the hotel is April 22. Please mention the INBA for a rate of $109 plus tax. Call 309-637-6500 to book your room or click here. Convention registration is open until April 29. Click here to register for the convention. If you can’t attend the whole weekend, there are options to attend different parts of the weekend.
Contact H Wayne Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or requests.